Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide could be a matter of life and death, so it should not be treated lightly. This toxic gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can make its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on the size of the leak and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can become fatal in a matter of minutes, or the gas could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

It is important to not risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some recommended action items to protect yourself and your family:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Indianapolis to purchase one. Ask us about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every three months, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start having some of the symptoms listed above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can protect your family from its dangers. Get the protection you need and call Broad Ripple Service Experts in Indianapolis at 317-527-0271 to learn more.

Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
8227 Northwest Boulevard, Suite 300
Indianapolis, Indiana 46278

Phone: 317-527-0271
Email: broadripple@serviceexperts.com
PC10903130