Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heater or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Indianapolis and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can do several other things to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy expenses less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 317-527-0271 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the best fit for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.