With Earth Day coming up, you may be inundated with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Get excited! We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can save you money and outlast your typical tank heater. Seriously! We compiled the best reasons you should invest in a tankless water heater.
- Tax Rebates – Even though the initial price can seem a bit challenging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of an estimated $300.
- Continuous Flow – You know the feeling. The stabbing pain of cold water pelting against your skin when the hot water runs out and you’re still showing. Get excited! Tankless water heaters avoid that issue altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can last five to ten years longer than old, inefficient tank water heaters. The government rebate plus not having to replace your tankless water heater as often equals big savings.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only require the necessary amount of energy to heat the amount of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This amazing tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating costs. They also take up less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors if you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be mounted under cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage – No tank, no tank to burst, no flooding. Although a leak is possible as with any plumbing appliance or fixture, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 40 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t hold water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t from a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these fantastic reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is right for your home, call Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today for a complimentary in-home analysis
. We will help to make sure you choose the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, inform you of all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.