Booking annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in Indianapolis running at peak performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few things you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Broad Ripple Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large amount of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps near, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling system freshened and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first hot day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that can turn very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a freshened cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the best order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and might decrease your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, as this may limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Broad Ripple Service Experts at 317-527-0271, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll start the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that require extra action, we are ready to offer you the most reasonable option. Finding likely troubles in a timely manner could solve more expensive problems in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you are seeking an updated cooling system, our Experts will assist you to select the right unit for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment fit your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to schedule your service? Give us a call at 317-527-0271 or schedule an appointment online today.