There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Indianapolis. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The team at Broad Ripple Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Indianapolis, too. Check out some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace works at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Indianapolis this year.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional perks, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Broad Ripple Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Indianapolis, give us a call at 317-527-0271 or schedule an appointment with Broad Ripple Service Experts through our online scheduler.