It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Broad Ripple Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.