There are a lot of vapors that could be within your Indianapolis residence. Natural gas and fumes that come from home fixtures, flooring and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 317-527-0271 today to get started protecting your residence against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?
Carbon monoxide may be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is deadly because you cannot view it, sense it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in low amounts and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Deadly Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can filter into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a home, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to take it out of your system. It will take another five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses
It can also mimic conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can do to keep your home safe:
- Each house with at least one fuel-burning appliance, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a sensor on all levels of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your house?
Call Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 317-527-0271 to get one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide alarm, consistently test or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm goes off, exit your home right away and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Assistance from Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Broad Ripple Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 317-527-0271 to learn more.