There are a multitude of fumes that could be in your the U.S. home. Natural gas and fumes that originate from household furnishings, flooring and paints. None of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 right away to start protecting your house against this harmful gas.
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small concentrations and can’t be filtered.
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can get into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how big the leak is and the airflow in a residence, it may become deadly in within minutes.
Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it requires five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. It will take an additional five hours to decrease that level by half.
The gas could also mimic conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can complete to keep your family safe:
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing at 866-397-3787 to learn more.
By Brian Sodoma, for Service Experts With autumn on the horizon, homeowners will soon be getting ready for the winter months ahead. Cold weather puts additional demand on your heating and cooling system. To prepare your furnace for the heavy work it will soon be taking on, regular HVAC... Continue reading
When you think of ultraviolet light, you might think of getting sunburned after a long day at the pool. And yet, UV light is also a tool for enhancing indoor air quality. Sunscreen safeguards against UVA and UVB rays, but UVC is the type of light used in air purification. If you suffer from... Continue reading
Indoor allergens affect millions of people in the U.S. each year. It’s common for many to look outside the home for potential allergens triggering sniffles, watery eyes, respiratory problems and even asthma flare-ups. But many are surprised to learn that indoor dust mites, molds, animal dander... Continue reading
© 2023 Service Experts, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, and the Service Experts logo and design are registered trademarks of Service Experts LLC and used under license by SE Canada Inc. All Rights Reserved. *Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage Program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.