Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioner suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists encourage servicing it a minimum of once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, preventing potential problems and extending its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This makes it possible for you to fix developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a detailed process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY servicing is not suggested. Here are some key elements of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less energy to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your AC unit every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, regular AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with certified professionals, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.