Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many people in Indianapolis. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Indianapolis heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Indianapolis heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Broad Ripple Service Experts a call at 317-527-0271 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Indianapolis heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a breather as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Indianapolis temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.