Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Indianapolis, you may be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, plus the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Broad Ripple Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you replace both units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your annual heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Broad Ripple Service Experts. We get the cost of replacing your total system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 317-527-0271 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.