Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think over, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Broad Ripple Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your annual utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Broad Ripple Service Experts. We get the cost of replacing your total system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 317-527-0271 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.