When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you may first think about trying the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets expensive fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Broad Ripple Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban settings. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Broad Ripple Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Broad Ripple Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.