Your HVAC system is the key to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a continuous source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with Broad Ripple Service Experts, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so people often forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually develop slowly. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and resolve small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC contract grants access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair service, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Broad Ripple Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Broad Ripple Service Experts office today.