Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Indianapolis.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are running accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Broad Ripple Service Experts.