Preventing it from happening is the most crucial step. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Indianapolis.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when operated right but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Broad Ripple Service Experts.