Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Indianapolis
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Indianapolis, the Experts at Broad Ripple Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix issues with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a couple of things you can check before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Make sure that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your furnace when it detects trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is clear. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and start a fire once the furnace begins running.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Broad Ripple Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Using the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner turns on but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Broad Ripple Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our specialists have finished thorough testing to earn the top HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are ready to take care of most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Routine maintenance can help prevent furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace operating, Broad Ripple Service Experts technicians can suggest a membership plan that could reduce costly repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.