If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are thinking they may be related to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in a lot of cases the homeowner is responsible. Luckily, the team at Broad Ripple Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of things to do around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Indianapolis codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Broad Ripple Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the Indianapolis community, so no job is too much for our team.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are headed your way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Broad Ripple Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have an odor and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Install and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks right away.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.