According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The average cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Broad Ripple Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Indianapolis don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Broad Ripple Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and proficiency to manage everything and anything associated to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or clog, make sure to ring us at 317-527-0271
as soon as you suspect a problem to prevent as much, sometimes pricey, harm to your house and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away garbage the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a blockage in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Broad Ripple Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Broad Ripple Service Experts to check for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Broad Ripple Service Experts today at 317-527-0271
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.