Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not think about until you need it—then you hope it’s running as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Broad Ripple Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Indianapolis home.
Sump pumps can fail for a number of different reasons and we’ve likely witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Broad Ripple Service Experts a call to come and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with a few preventive maintenance hints to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will check your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any evidence of a possible issue, we’ll alert you immediately and walk through your options.
It is crucial to note there are multiple simple things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is standing straight and not tipping to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Broad Ripple Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 317-527-0271
or request an appointment online.